The student news site of Pierce College

Pierce Pinnacle

The student news site of Pierce College

Pierce Pinnacle

The student news site of Pierce College

Pierce Pinnacle

FOOD Choices on Campus

From Aladdin to vending machines

FIRST Choice-Alladin Dinning
The Aladdin Campus Dining offers food choices that range from a breakfast burrito to healthy options like a cobb salad. Students enjoy the wide array of food choices Aladdin offers, as shown in the “You spoke, we listened” board displayed in the cafeteria. Aladdin’s operating hours on both campuses are from 7:30am-2:00pm.
Aladdin also caters most if not all of the events at Pierce College. Fright Fest in October, they created a terrifying buffet display of purple pasta, meat ball eyeballs and scary pumpkin cookies.
You can’t go wrong with all the choices Aladdin stirs up or any of the tasty options they provide at most events.
SECOND Choice-Vending Machines
Ok so I know what your thinking-YIKES vending machine food!!! But hey, vending machine options at Pierce College are improving. Student Government President-Sam Pena Rojas, has been working with Vista Vending to improve what goes into the machines.
When you think about vending, it’s just cookies and chips, but Sam has been in discussions with them to include healthy options like protein bars, non-gmo minimally processed, and other vegan options.
When in a hurry, check out the vending machines, there might be an option in there that will keep you full until after class.
Third Choice-Cash Deprived?
What do you do if you are low on money and you cannot afford Aladdin or the vending machines?
The Office of Student Life @ FS and PY offer free food options for students who are struggling with food insecurity, so stop by either office to get more information.
If you want to help out or need help there is a food and coat drive that starts Jan 15th to Mar 1st, to learn more visit the OSL.