The student news site of Pierce College

Pierce Pinnacle

The student news site of Pierce College

Pierce Pinnacle

The student news site of Pierce College

Pierce Pinnacle

Harmony To Be Heard

Whether a person is in the audience or on the stage, months of hard work being projected from the stage to the audience is something that can’t be replicated through a screen. For the students in choir, it is an excellent way to destress and fin connections.

Kenneth Owen, director of the Choir says students feel like they belong. Being in a room with people that share the same interest helps members become comfortable and fin friends easier.

As a group, they work on improving their sound and other technical aspects for their performance at the end of the quarter. Owen states that choir “is something everyone can be successful at.” Since their is no audition to join the Choir, simply signing in the shower is enough to join this experience. Though, if singing is not of interest it is still a spectacle to see art in its purest form. Not perfect, but a real performance that changes perspective on what choir really is.

About The Director

For the past 18 years at Pierce College, Kenneth Owen has been sharing his love for choir by leading groups of passionate voices. Starting his journey in high school, Owen would look for a place where he could play piano. Finally finding a spot, he would end up playing for the Choir. With little interest in singing, Owen played piano for the Choir but never wanted to sing. As each performance went by, he started to realize how much vibrancy and emotion the group expressed. Missing out on the fun, he was able to join the party and added his voice to songs that didn’t need the piano. Eventually, he joined the singers full time which started his newly discovered passion. Owen would go on to study choir in college and would later become the Pierce College Choir Director in 2006.

Interested in Joining Choir?

[email protected] for more information or visit the AAH building on the Puyallup campus.